The date for the 2014 Hwyl yr Heli is Saturday 16th of August 2014.
The day will be organised by Plas Heli's Community Development Officer David Hughes. The event was a great success last year and we hope to grow the event this year by further developing the established themes.
The idea behind the event is to provide opportunities for youngsters to have taster sessions on the water – rowing, sailing and kayaking etc.
The availability of the new event and visitor pontoons with allied with a favourable tide will be perfect for water based activities from the pontoons and beach.
Other ideas that are emerging (but not limited to) are the following:
- On the Water
- Official opening of the Event and Visitor pontoons
- Exhibition sailing by CHIPAC sailors
- Model yacht racing
- Kayaking and rowing in the harbour
- boats and dinghies on display
- racing keel boats on display
- Opportunity to share information about the Welsh National Sailing Academy and Event Centre
- Information about international Sailing events hosted at the National Event Centre
- Information about the activities of the Sailing Club – Cruising, Racing and Social.
- Information about the activities of Grwp Awyr Agored - the User Groups.
- Exhibition by the college
- Marquee available for exhibitions and displays by businesses?
- Attractions – including climbing wall, bouncing castles etc
- Face painting
- Entertainment – music -
- Entertainment and bands
- Water projection display
- Food etc
A working committee is being set up to develop these ideas and more so that we can have a really great event.
If you think you can help with any aspect of the planning or in any way whatsoever please contact Stephen Tudor (Plas Heli Chairman) or David Hughes (Community Development Officer) 01758 613343.