1. What’s the minimum age to enter?
The minimum age is 16.
2. What is the date and start time?
Sunday 2nd July 2017. First wave starting at 11:00am. Competitors must be at Plas Heli before 09:30am.
3. What happens after I’ve entered online?
Before the event you’ll receive an email with instructions including times that participants need to be ready on the start line, location of feed stations and so on. In the mean time look out for our twitter/facebook pages and website for any updates.
4. What is Included within the entry fee?
- Male and female toilet and shower facilities
- Free parking facilities
- Electronic chip timing
- Event photography
- Emergency support
- Medal for finishers
- Free Goody Bag at registration
- Superb scenic route
- Full route marking
5. Can we enter as a team?
Yes you can. You will be able to participate in a team race with 3 people, one for each stage (a swimmer, cyclist and a runner), or alternatively you can compete in the team’s event with 2 people, with one person doing two of the three stages.
6. Who is the Governing Body?
British Triathlon – visit their website for more details.
7. What are the event rules?
The event will be run under the British Triathlon rules and online entry will be considered as acceptance of these rules.
- The wearing of a cycling helmet conforming with CE Standards EN1078 is mandatory for everyone.
- Approved cycling safety helmets of ANSI Z90.4, SNELL B90, EN 1078 or an equivalent national standard must be worn by competitors. A CE mark is not an approval mark and should not be treated as approval.
- An online entry will be considered as an acceptance of governing body rules.
- Competitors will compete in the triathlon event comprising of a swim in open water, cycle on the road and a run around the harbour and south beach
- Wearing of wetsuits for the swim discipline will be mandatory.
- This is a no drafting event. Penalties will be awarded for offenders!
8. Can I order an event t-shirt?
To be confirmed.
9. Event weekend registration – when and where?
Registration on the weekend of the event will take place at Plas Heli on:
- Saturday 1st of July between 12:00 and 15:00
- Sunday 2nd of July between 08:00 and 09:00
We would encourage as many of you as possible to register on the Saturday to avoid rushing on Sunday. Participants must attend registration in order to collect your registration pack which includes your number and timing chip. There will also be pre event checks to ensure suitable bike(s), helmets (mandatory), emergency numbers etc.
10. Where is the venue?
Plas Heli, Glan y Don, Pwllheli. LL53 5YT.
11. Parking on the day?
We request that all competitors park in the FREE car parks, next to Plas Heli(only 50 yards from Transition). For safety reasons we request that competitors do not ride their bike to transition. Bike racks will be supplied in the bike transition area at Plas Heli.
12. Is there a briefing on the day?
ALL competitors are asked to attend a short briefing @ 10:00am in the Main Hall of Plas Heli.
13. Can I use a mountain bike?
Although a road bike is advisable, you can use a mountain bike.
14. What to bring?
ID in case of an incident, food, money, mobile, basic tool kit, spare and appropriate clothing, working pump and spare inner tubes. It is your responsibility to ensure that your bike and equipment are roadworthy
15. Will the cycle and running routes be marked?
Signage will be prominently displayed around the course with marshals located at specific points to help you.
16. Will there be any Medical Support Cover?
St John’s Ambulance will be in support as well as dedicated First Aiders.
17. Mechanical Support
To be advised
18. What happens after all triathletes have finished?
The post race presentation will be held at Plas Heli as soon as possible after the race has finished. The Plas Heli restaurant and bar will be open to serve you all day.
19. How can I check my time?
Providing us with your mobile number when you enter a race means that you will have your finish time sent to you via SMS once you have completed the race. Live results will also be available online at www.chiptimes.biz
20. I want to watch the race- what advice can you give me on where to watch it?
We will have a designated spectator area at Plas Heli where you can overlook the swim, bike and run, as well as the busy transition area. The competitors would welcome any encouragement around the route, therefore go out and cheer them on along the way!
21. Is there anywhere we can have a bite to eat and a drink?
There will be refreshments at The Deck bar and Restaurant Plas Heli before and during the event. The presentation will be held at Plas Heli where the restaurant & bar will be open to serve you all day.
22. Will there be photos of the event available?
We are trying to finalise details of this so watch this space!
23. What is the refund policy?
Refunds/transfers will be at the discretion of the event organiser.
24. Where can I stay overnight?
Please refer to Visit Snowdonia website for further details, or for Campervan hook-up plot, contact Plas Heli.
25. How can I get in touch with you, the Organiser?
Please read the FAQ’s and if you have any unanswered questions please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Enjoy the ride
- Challenge yourself
- Follow the Highway Code and be safe
- Wear a helmet for the cycling stage
- Drop litter
- Behave in a manner that may offend others
- Impede traffic flow
- Ride/run in large groups in the middle of the road
- Ride/run on the wrong side of the road
By completing the Online Entry form you abide by the following:
I declare that I will abide by the Governing Body Rules of British Triathlon and that I am fit to take part in the event. I will not hold the event organizer responsible for any injury or loss. I understand that the final decision on whether or not the event will go ahead on the day is that of the event organiser Plas Heli Cyf.