1. What’s the minimum age to enter?
The minimum age is 13 and a parent or guardian must accompany ALL under 18’s. Entries will only be accepted from under 18’s following receipt of a signed parental consent form (available to download on entry).
2. What is the date and start time?
Saturday 8th April 2017. Please make your way to the start line for 8:45am as the first wave will be starting at 9:00am.
3. What happens after I’ve entered online?
Before the event you’ll receive an email with instructions including times that participants need to be ready on the start line, location of feed stations and so on. In the mean time look out for our twitter/facebook pages and website for any updates.
4. What is Included within the entry fee?
- Male and female toilet and shower facilities
- Free parking facilities at Plas Heli
- Feed station on the course at Aberdaron Sailing Club and Water along the route.
- Event photography
- Emergency support
- Medal for finishers
- Free Goody Bag at registration
- Superb scenic route
5. Who is the Governing Body?
British Cycling – visit their website for more details.
6. What are the event rules?
This is a non competitive event, a sportive not a race, on open roads.
The event will be run under the British Cycling Sportive Rules.
The wearing of a cycling helmet conforming with CE Standards EN1078 is mandatory for all riders entering the event.
7. Event weekend registration – when and where?
Registration on the weekend of the event will take place at Plas Heli on:
- Friday 7th April at Plas Heli from 9:00am until 18:00 and
- Saturday 8th from 07:00 until 08:30
We would encourage as many of you as possible to register on the Friday to avoid rushing on Saturday. Participants must attend registration in order to collect your registration pack which includes your number. There will also be pre event checks to ensure suitable bike(s), helmets (mandatory), emergency numbers etc.
9. Where is the venue?
Plas Heli, Glan Y Don, Pwllheli, Gwynedd, LL53 5YT
10. Can I use a mountain bike?
Although a road bike is advisable, you can use a mountain bike.
11. What to bring?
ID in case of an incident, food, money, mobile, basic tool kit, spare and appropriate clothing, working pump and spare inner tubes. It is your responsibility to ensure that your Bike and equipment are roadworthy
12. Will the routes be marked?
Signage will be prominently displayed around the course with marshals located at specific points to help you.
13. Is there a cut off time?
All riders must complete the course within 6 hours to be classified as a finisher.
14. Will there be any Medical Support?
St John’s Ambulance will be in support as well as dedicated First Aiders.
15. Will there be any mechanical support?
To be advised
16. What happens after the ride?
Complimentary food will be served to all participants at Plas Heli after the event.
17. What is the refund policy?
Refunds/transfers will be at the discretion of the event organiser.
18. Where can I stay overnight?
Please refer to Visit Snowdonia website for further details
19. How can I get in touch with you, the Organiser?
Please read the FAQ’s and if you have any unanswered questions please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Enjoy the ride
- Challenge yourself
- Follow the Highway Code and be safe
- Wear a helmet
- Drop litter
- Behave in a manner that may offend others
- Impede traffic flow
- Ride in large groups in the middle of the road
- Ride on the wrong side of the road
By completing the Online Entry form you abide by the following:
I declare that I will abide by the Governing Body Rules of British Cycling and that I am fit to take part in the event. I will not hold the event organizer responsible for any injury or loss. I understand that the final decision on whether or not the event will go ahead on the day is that of the event organiser Plas Heli Cyf.