Plas Heli Cyf, the operator of The Welsh National Sailing Academy and Event Centre, is a not for profit company with limited liability by guarantee.
The Company will set the policy framework for the use of the facility and ensures that it performs to the highest standards of integrity and professionalism and in accordance with the objectives of the Company as set out in the Articles of Association which incorporates the Vision Statement.
The Company will provide a framework for making the facility available for use for:
- events; including sailing events
- education community user groups
- members of the community
- community groups
- clubs and including outdoor activity clubs and groups
- Clwb Hwylio Pwllheli Sailing Club.
The Company will undertake periodic Strategic Reviews so that the Company can continue to successfully deliver its mission and ensure that the Academy is a leader in youth development through sailing and on-the-water boating experience.
Although the Company will be a “not for profit” organisation it will demonstrate its financial viability and sustainability by effective budgeting and business planning. It must seek to make annual surpluses and build up reserves scrutinising and changing the financial budgets, accounts and financial statements until they fulfil the objectives of the Company.
The payments of dividends and/or distributions to the Company’s members is prohibited and the Directors must apply the Company’s profits in promoting the Objectives of the Company
The Company will ensure that the facility at all times and in all areas of activity, promotes the Welsh language and culture.
The Company will ensure that all staff appointments and employment agreements entered into meet with the standards provided by the Company.
The Company will ensure the security of tenure and, to the extent only that it does not contradict the aims of Plas Heli Cyf, support the aims of Clwb Hwylio Pwllheli Sailing Club as the resident heart and source of sailing knowledge and expertise.
The Company will through its own activities and the actions of the user groups and clubs:-
- Support people of all ages, backgrounds, ability, and in particular young people, to develop their potential
- Seek the highest standards in all activities of the Academy
- Manage professionally and efficiently
- Value and respect staff and volunteers
- Appropriately harness the enthusiasm of volunteers and supporters
- Manage the facility and equipment to the highest standards
- Communicate effectively and openly