The Welsh National Sailing Academy and Event Centre has been funded by the European Regional Development Fund through the Welsh Government and Gwynedd Council and comprises:
- the Academy building (details below)
- a large secure compound or space for an outdoor event
- easy access to the safe beach launching area
- the events, training and visitor pontoons
- the old Sailing Club building
- plenty of car/motorhome parking area
- The Outdoor Group equipment hub
The facility is well equipped with marquees and all the kit required to run major international sailing championships which include our fleet of safety and mark laying RIBs, committee boats and all of the marks sufficient for multiple race courses.
The building was designed by Ellis Williams Architects and includes:
- Main Hall
- training rooms
- changing rooms
- large balconies with spectacular views
- Pwllheli Sailing Club
The first floor is accessed by stairs, lift and external stairs and grassy ramps which also act as seating areas for external events.
There is a further large balcony on the second floor which is available for outdoor private functions.
Detailed plans of the rooms on each floor are also available here.